Thursday 13 August 2009

Statement from Interfaith Forum to the 9th ICAAP

Interfaith Forum ON THE 9th ICAAP August 8, 2009



Statement from Interfaith Forum to the 9th ICAAP

Bali – August 7th- 9th, 2009

Working together to empower people”

We, 160 men and women of faith, from 20 countries, with various roles and responsibilities in religious communities and organizations from Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Shinto, met in Bali on the 7th- 9th August, 2009, to strengthen Faith-Based responses in meeting the challenges of HIV in Asia and the Pacific[1].

We are committed to united and coherent action among our varied faith communities to face up to HIV and AIDS in our region.

People living with HIV have reminded us during our meeting that our communities still need to know more about HIV and we are committed to delivering the necessary information and overcome indifference associated with ignorance and existing attitudes, which contribute to stigma and discrimination. We will continue to build our religious capacities to speak personally and in public about HIV without judgment and without increasing stigma.

We are committed to building on the provision of care and support and information and raising awareness in our communities. However we realize that this is not enough. It is not enough to equip people with information without making it possible for them to use the information to protect themselves and their communities. It is not enough to provide care, support and treatment for a select group of people without struggling for access to treatment for the many who are currently unsupported.

We asked ourselves:

  • How can we de-construct our cultures for the well-being of all?
  • How can we re-form our laws and public policy?
  • How can we interpret our religious teachings, which are clear about the unity of humanity and our inter-dependence and responsibility to each other so that we overcome destructive attitudes about ‘them and us’.

In response to these questions:

  • We held sustained discussions about human rights and injustice and violence related to gender throughout our meeting.
  • We discussed the devastating impact of the criminalization of drug use, and lack of quality services for male and female drug users. We will join in and advocate for the review of laws, cultures, policies and regulations that facilitate the transmission of HIV, and exclude people who are living with HIV from the workplace and from access to health care.
  • We are confident we can change ourselves. We will listen to people from all walks of life and we will read and apply our sacred texts for the empowerment of communities. We are determined that our beliefs about overcoming stigma and discrimination will be reflected in our lives as individuals and as communities of faith.

We also began a regional discussion about HIV and tourism.

The value of sharing wisdom within this international, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, multi-religious network is clear to us. We will strive to include more people in our networking, both within our own national borders and throughout our regional context.



[1] This conference was co-organized by AINA (Asian Interfaith Network on AIDS in Asia), Indonesian Interfaith Network on HIV/AIDS (INTERNA) and the Local Organizing Committee of ICAAP, in partnership with broad coalition of national, regional and international organizations.

4 comments:

  1. MY NAME IS MARIAM BAURICE FROM SOUTH AFRICA...I SAW THIS COMMENT ON POSITIVE BLOGS AND I WILL LOVE TO TELL EVERY BODY HOW MY STATUS CHANGES TO NEGATIVE, AND AM NOW A LIVING WITNESS OF IT AND I THINK ITS A SHAME ON ME IF I DON'T SHARE THIS LOVELY STORY WITH OTHER PEOPLE INFeCTED WITH THIS DEADLY VIRUS...,HIV HAS BEEN ONGOING IN MY FAMILY... I LOST BOTH PARENTS TO HIV,. AND IT IS SO MUCH PAIN IVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER.. AS WE ALL KNOW MEDICALLY THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO IT..AND MEDICATION IS VERY EXPENSIVE..SO SOMEONE INTRODUCED ME TO A NATIVE MEDICAL PRACTITIONER IN AFRICA..I HAD A JOB THERE TO EXECUTE SO I TOOK TIME TO CHECK OUT ON HIM.I SHOWED HIM ALL MY TESTS AND RESULTS.. I WAS ALREADY DIAGNOSED WITH HIV AND IT WAS ALREADY TAKING ITS TOWL ON ME.. I HAD SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SO I DECIDED TO TRY HIM OUT...I WAS ON HIS DOSAGE FOR 6MONTHS. ALTHOUGH I DIDNT BELIEVE IN IT, I WAS JUST TRYING IT OUT OF FRUSTRATION... AND AFTER 2 WEEKS, I WENT FOR NEW TESTS... AND YOU WONT BELIEVE THAT 5 DIFFERENT DOCTORS CONFIRMED IT THAT AM NEGATIVE..IT WAS LIKE A DREAM,,I NEVER BELIEVE AIDS HAS CURE..AM NOW NEGATIVE,,AM A LIVING WITNESS..I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK THIS MAN... I JUST WANT TO HELP OTHERS IN ANY WAY I CAN..HAVE JOINED MANY FORUMS AND HAVE POSTED THIS TESTIMONIES AND ALOT OF PEOPLE HAS MAIL AND CALLED THIS MAN ON PHONE AND AFTER 2 WEEKS THEY ALL CONFIRMED NEGATIVE..BBC NEWS TOOK IT LIVE AND EVERY.. HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT.. EVERYBODY SAW IT AND ITS NOW OUT IN PAPERS AND MAGAZINES THAT THERE'S NATIVE CURE FOR HIV AND ALL WITH THE HELP OF THIS MAN,,HAVE TRIED MY OWN PARTS AND ALL LEFT WITH YOU,,IF YOU LIKE TAKE IT OR NOT..GOD KNOWS HAVE TRIED MY BEST.ABOUT 97 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE THROUGH ME..AND THEY SEND MAILS TO THANKS ME AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE,,THIS MAN IS REAL..DON'T MISS THIS CHANCE,,HIV IS A DEADLY VIRUS,,GET RID OF IT NOW..
    case there is anyone who has similar problem and still

    looking for a way out, and he those cast all kind of spell like ::
    Love Spells
    Luck, Money Spells
    Health, Well Being
    Protection, Healing
    Curses, Hex, Breakups
    NEW! Combo Spells
    High Priestess Spells
    Vampire Spells
    Authentic Voodoo Spells
    Custom, Other Spells
    Business spells
    Health/Healing spells
    Curse removal
    Job spells
    Healing from all kind of diseases
    Love binding
    Barrenness(need a child)
    Need love
    Lottery Spells
    Promotions
    Success
    Money rituals
    winning court case
    Divorce spells
    Low sperm count
    Infertility in women
    Breast enlargement/reduction
    Penis enlargement/reduction
    YOU CAN CONTACT HIM HERE AS (spirituallighthealing101@live.com or (518) 303-6207) if you need any question contact me via here as mariambaurice@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was infected with deadly HIV/AIDS disease and I try all my possible best I can to get a cure but there was no solution out until I met the powerful spiritualist doctor who many people have shared testimonials about him, and I decided to give a trial, to my own surprise I was cured in two days time after contacting DOCTOR AWAISE, I am so happy and I will continue to say I love you doctor and may the good lord bless you and empower you also to more works, doctor awaise email is LANDOFOGUN@OUTLOOK.COM you can contact him if you also needs his help thanks doctor mobile number is +2347032286452

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here again to appreciate. DR Lawrence God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you did in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Susan Moore from San Juan, Puerto Rico. I was tested HIV positive, I saw a blog on how DR Lawrence cured people, i did not believe but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him and also got my healing, i am so happy. If you have any problem or you are also infected with any disease, contact him Drlawrencespelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WAS CONFIRM BEING CURE OF HIV BY DR.ODUDU HERBAL TREATMENT

    dr.dudu has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cure with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you dr.odudu for bringing back happiness to my life again. thanks you so much friends that has join me to thank dr.odudu for what he has actually done for me i pray to you all for a good life and property, and most especially to you DR.ODUDU THANKS and if you want to get reach to dr.odudu here he his email dr.oduduherbalhome@gmail.com phone him or whatsapp true this contact +2348101571054



    A MIRACLE TESTIMONY FOR WHAT DR.ODUDU HAS DONE FOR ME!!

    i dont really just kown how to esplaine to the own world that GOD has use dr.odudu to save the life of humans who has be infected with this HIV VIRUS, There are herbal therapies that could totally eradicate this virus from thbe body meanwhile there has been proofs and lots of testimonies to that effect. i was planing to get marriage, due to the confirmation from me and my boyfriend by our medical doctor i was comfier haven HIV , it was a surprise to me and i was confuse because i don't no how i get this virus, my boyfriend never still let me go because will where seriously bolt in love, and will where bolt looking further on how i should get rid of this virus, so a friend of my boyfriend referred him to one herbal doctor called Dr. ODUDU from Africa who cured her mom from genital herpes and told my boyfriend that he could cure me from HIV. so my boyfriend told me about it and At first i never believed until we did made contact with him on whassap and told us not to worry that he will help us out, so it prepared the treatment and posted it down to us through Air flight Courier delivering Services Company. But to my surprise it work and my doctor confirmed it too that i am negative, in that moment i was so very very very surprise. so me and my boyfriend bolt get marriage with happiness and joyful, it is just so amazing is this a miracle who could ever even believe that a herbal medicine can cure HIV, if you have any problem or you are also infected with HIV or any disease please i beg you with the name of GOD kindly contact DR.ODUDU now with his Email: dr.oduduherbalhome@gmail.com whassap +2348101571054 or call him on +2348101571054 contact him on your virus issue and come and give out your own testimony to the world also.

    THANKS SO MUCH DR.ODUDU FOR EVERYTHING MOST SPECIALLY FOR THE HAPPINESS THAT YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO MY LIFE!!

    ReplyDelete